Saturday, March 13, 2010

mpressed by the content of the




mpressed by the content of the “skits” that the actors / singers performed in between the dance numbers. Usually I find skits to be tedious and just want to get on to the dancing. Although some of the skits were a little slow / long, I found the content to be interesting, especially in respect to Indian families and friends and work.

It was also really fun to see how interactive the Emcees were with the audience. The audience was willing to sing along in the microphone, answer questions, and even tell jokes on the fly! I thought the audience was much more willing to participate than audiences I have seen in the past.

I was very proud of my groups who performed the opening number to “Desi Girl” and the closing number to “Marjaani” – they did very well with their steps and looked great because they smiled and enjoyed themselves!

I don’t yet have photos / video from the show – I am sure I will get them soon. In the meantime, I was pretty happy with the new blue lengha that I h

No comments:

Post a Comment