Until recently, there have been no effective treatments for hair loss. However, medicines and surgery to slow hair loss and replace lost hair are now available. There are also two main types of surgery for hair loss – transplantation and scalp reduction.In order to have beautiful and thick hair growth you need to have adequate essential nutrients in the daily diet. Hair is made of protein and therefore adequate protein is necessary for healthy hair. You diet should be rich with proteins and minerals. You require a daily intake of 100 grams of protein which you can take either through protein supplements or by milk, buttermilk, yogurt, soyabean, eggs, cheese, meat and fish. A lack of vitamin A, vitamin B, B6, B12, folic acid, biotin, iron, copper and iodine may cause hair loss and premature greying. Lack of inositol is also a cause for loss of hair. Inositol is available in foods such as yeast, liver and molasses. Thus if your diet is rich in iodine, protein, vitamin, iron and inositol, then you can have long lustrous locks. Eat lots of green vegetable and fruits supplemented with foods such as milk, vegetable oils, honey, wheat germ, yeast, eggs and liver.
These are a few helpful tips to help regenerate hair follicles, but they do not cure any underlying conditions, or stress-related hair loss.
* Take dietary supplements such as Vitamin B6, protien & Silica. Supplements are useful when you can’t get enough from natural food sources.
* Get enough sleep and have a balanced and healthy diet.
* Regularly massage your scalp after a hair wash. It will activate the sebaceous glands and there will be effective circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy.
* Apply coconut milk all over the scalp and massaging it into the hair. It will nourish the hair and promote hair growth. The coconut milk can be prepared by grinding the coconut malai and squeezing the residue.
* Application of the juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also considered beneficial for hair growth.
* Massage your scalp with Amla oil, prepared by boiling dry pieces of amla in coconut oil.
* Rinse your hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea this helps hair grow.
* Try drinking this – blend bananas with honey, yoghurt & low-fat milk.
* As far as possible lead a stress free life.