Monday, August 10, 2009

Hell heels

season. This is exactly why NOW is the time to spread the word and let all women around the world know that they must take care of their backs, knees and spinal columns.

As you can see, I am a bit angrier than usual. But I have good reason. A few days ago I was at an amazing wedding, and for this special occasion, like every other woman, I wore high heels with my perfect new dress. At the beginning everything was OK, but after an hour or so, it started, my knees hurt, my back hurt and with every step I took the pain got worse and worse. Arghhhhhhhh.

In order to REALLY enjoy the evening, I had to choose between my brand new (and expensive) high heels or my mental health. I chose the second option, left my high heels in the car and changed to simple flip flops. There are not enough words to emphasize the relief I felt. All through the night we danced and had really great time, though I was few inches shorter…oh well, it was worth every inch lost!!!

The reason I am telling you this horror story is this: The last few fashion shows I had a chance to watch included some top designers like John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld. They designed shoes that no ordinary women could OR should ever wear, period! Not only are the shoes way too high and unsteady, but also my main point being, it is very very unhealthy for our poor bodies.



So, my brothers and readers, I think it’s the time for all of us to scream out loud – Galliano, PLEASE cut out the heels and design something that is comfortable! Lagerfeld, take an example from D&G sneakers and create something women can wear during a full day at the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment