Monday, August 17, 2009

onia Jehan in Red Dress with spetacular smile on her face-1145



Sonia Jehan, the new face in Bollywood, gives her take on the industry. Now she has become Telenor Girl after doing commercial with Ali Zafar "Telenor Talk Shawk".

Before she made it to the big screen, Sonia Jehan's claim to fame was being the granddaughter of the legendary singer Noor Jehan. And even after finding her place in the limelight, thanks to her lead role in the forthcoming Taj Mahal, history and tradition continue to fascinate her.

"I am now open to continuing working in Bollywood, but I think the industry is way too westernised for my comfort. I am lucky to have got a film like Taj Mahal for my launch. In future, too, I will look for roles that are meaningful and in some way, represent culture and tradition," she says.

"It was only after I met Akbarsaab (director Akbar Khan) that I was convinced to take up the offer. In fact, I asked him to give me any role in the film other than the lead because I didn't think I had it in me to play Mumtaz Mahal.

But over the time we worked on this film, I think I have matured as an actress and now the result is there for all to see," says Sonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment